The selection of a Host Bus Adapter (HBA) is an important decision that can enable you to run more virtual machines (VMs) and applications per server, reduce management time and server power draw, enable you to meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and protect data from silent data corruption. More than ever, leading enterprises rely on Emulex LightPulse® HBAs for their mission-critical I/O connectivity needs. Discover how Emulex can make a difference in your data center.
The Emulex Difference
- Industry Leading Fibre Channel (FC) Performance - Up to 1.2 million I/O operations per second (IOPS) on a single-port to meet today’s performance hungry applications, PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0 servers, solid state disks (SSDs) and backup application demands.
- Better for Database Applications
- Three times faster for Oracle Database*
- Two times faster for Microsoft SQL Server*
- 4.6 times faster in 8Gb Mode*
- Quality of Service – With ExpressLane™ at both the host and fabric level and configurable via OneCommand® Manager, it allows users to prioritize Logical Unit Numbers, such as flash devices, for significant latency gains
- Greater IT Productivity – It takes twice the management tools and takes half the time to install and manage versus other HBAs.
- Simplified and time-saving diagnostics - Diagnose storage network connectivity by using Brocade ClearLink supported switches & Emulex Gen 5 (16Gb) FC HBAs to find cable and optical errors before critical failures.
- Maximum Uptime to Meet SLAs - Highest published reliability data with more than 10 million hours Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) on the LightPulse family of HBAs. LightPulse HBAs run cooler than others and utilize passive heat sinks for optimum reliability.
- Advanced Data Integrity - Protection against silent data corruption with T10 Protection Information (T10 PI) on 8GFC and Gen 5 FC HBAs.
- Market Leadership in Gen 5 FC HBAs - Deployed by more OEMs than any other Gen 5 (16Gb) FC HBA brand.